Principle Studios is seeking an experienced UX/UI designer with digital product experience for enterprise clients. The ideal candidate can provide holistic design solutions from UX to visual design and is equally comfortable speaking in the language of wireframes or elegant, modern design, and UI patterns.
We are seeking someone who can own and follow a design process, but finds fluidity to adapt to clients and their unique needs. You are confident in your ideas and skillsets when presenting in creative reviews and interacting with clients, stakeholders, and peers, and can utilize constructive feedback to amplify the desired end product. Principle Studios values collaboration and connection on all levels. Strong interpersonal skills are an essential element for this role.
You desire to push the envelope on visual design and have the acumen of visual systems and best practices to execute. You have the ability to take a project from concept and visualization to deliverable products and enjoy collaborating with the engineering team.
You have an understanding of visual systems and best practices, including layout and typography, and you have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward. You are engaged in both visualizing an experience in the abstract and driving that vision into concise deliverables and hands-on collaboration with engineering teams.
Our ideal candidate is intuitive to what the client wants and needs and balances that with current trends and guidelines. You are able to connect and communicate the pain points and problems a client is experiencing with solutions and business impact. You are able to see the bigger picture of what needs to be accomplished and follow through with your design process.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- An available online portfolio which includes relevant real world work and demonstrates innovative, user-centered visual design solutions for B2B or enterprise clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in design tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, Adobe CC and Keynote.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. You’re comfortable presenting to both stakeholders and team members.
- Experience partnering with technical product and engineering teams for design implementation.
- Experience designing Digital Products.
- Can deliver exceptional user experiences from initial concepts through iteration to final implementation demonstrating excellent interaction and visual design skills.
- A stunning portfolio which includes B2B and B2C brands.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You are a master of typography, composition, imagery, iconography, and color.
- Influence product strategy and vision by partnering with research, product managers and business leaders.
- Experience designing within a brand language, and can talk about why choices and decisions were made based on brand.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, usage scenarios, specifications, and other UX design deliverables.
- Have a good understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and be able to create a coherent cross device experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects autonomously.
About Principle Studios
Principle was created as a lifestyle design and technology consultancy. Its goal is to prove that caring for our customer’s needs and caring for our team’s well-being are not mutually exclusive.
So what kind of people are we trying to be? Great question. At Principle, we are:
Kind - Quite simply, we strive to always be kind. To show kindness in how we speak to each other and to our clients. We are patient with irrational demands, and try to approach problems with hope instead of pessimism.
Generous - We never try to get by with the minimum. Whether it’s our work, our compensation, or our company policies, we go above and beyond wherever possible. We give generously of our time (to each other), our talents (to our clients), and our resources (to nonprofits that we support).
Honest - We believe that the best results come from collaboration, and for true collaboration, there must be open and honest feedback. While this can sometimes be difficult and awkward, the goal is for it always to be done in kindness (see point 1) with the goal of improvement. Whether it’s improvement on our work or our own character, we always want to be better.
Curious - We like to try new things. Sometimes they work, often they don’t… but we’re always looking for a new way to improve. We explore original ways to get from A to B, and we keep up with the latest and greatest (as well as the futures) of our disciplines.
Celebratory - We love having fun, and we love having fun together. We recognize wins (big and small) and we’re thankful for each other. We look for ways to encourage each other, and call out our peers for their hard work and unique talents.
Humble - Part of being honest (point 3) is knowing and admitting when we are wrong. This is completely ok, and we encourage it! We recognize that none of us live by these principles all the time - it’s an aspirational list. We’re a team of imperfect people who lean on each other to grow. We believe that we can accomplish far more together than we ever could on our own.